DescriptionIf it's been a while since you completed a PMP exam prep training course, don't try to struggle by cramming for the exam on your own. Our instructor will guide you through the critical exam elements in this PMP crash course while providing tips for tackling some of the trickier concepts from the applicable versions of the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and the 30 other PMP exam references.
Course ObjectivesThe course will summarize and review the topics that make up the lessons of the PMI-provided curriculum. The topics covered in this refresher course will deep dive into the topics most critical for passing the exam. In addition, general exam best practices and strategy tips will be reviewed to ensure you are set up for success on test day.
- Only those who have previously attended a PMP certification training course with a PMI Authorized Training provider (ATP) after January 2021 but have not yet taken their PMP Exam.
- This course is NOT intended to provide the PMI-required 35 contact hours of project management training needed to take the PMP certification exam. *If you no longer have access to PMI's CHOICE learning management system or copies of your official ATP Exam Prep course materials (generally provided for 1-year access), these will NOT be supplied as part of the refresher course.
Lesson 0: Course Foundations and The PMA Way™
- Course Learning Objectives & Agenda
- Course Map and The PMA Way™
- Introduction to the PMP Exam
Lesson 1: Business Environment
- Strategic Alignment
- Project Benefits and Value
- Project Governance
Lesson 2: Start the Project
- Identify and Engage Stakeholders
- Form the Team
- Build a Shared Understanding
- Project Approach
Lesson 3: Plan the Project -
- Plan Scope
- Plan Budget
Lesson 4: Lead the Project Team
- Craft Your Leadership Skills
- Create a Collaborative Project Team Environment
- Empower the Team
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communicate and Collaborate with Stakeholders
- Manage Conflict
Lesson 5: Support Project Team Performance
- Implement Ongoing Improvements
- Evaluate the Project Process
- Manage Project Changes
Lesson 6: Close the Project/Phase
- Project/Phase Closure
- Benefits Realization
- Knowledge Transfer
Lesson 7: Preparing for the PMP® Exam
- Tips for Exam Day
- General Test Taking Strategies
There are no prerequisites for this course.